RAS-2002

1972 2002: Solex 32/32 DIDTA 2bbl

5 posts / 2547 viewsLast Reply

I just started the process of cleaning and rebuilding the Solex 32/32 DIDTA 2barrel carb on my '72 2002 (with the E12 head). Before you say "Forget rebuilding the Solex and just switch to a Weber", I might eventually end up going that route... But for now, I'll fool around with the Solex. If at all possibe, I'd like to keep the car as original as I can.

Here's my question. The diagram in the Parts Manual (on page 13-16) shows part #8 (slow-down control valve), which has an electrical lug. But instead, my carb has a small, screw-in jet with 45 on it. Is this part #10 (idling jet 45) on the same diagram? I'm just wondering which one is correct. Or are they interchangeable? I do have an extra slow-down control valve which came on a spare DIDTA carb I just bought, but I have no idea where or what I'd connect the wire to, of if I should even worry about it and just keep my carb as-is. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Parts Diagram Page 13-16.pdf

i say Stay the course - SOLEX is an excellent mixing unit.

but i'm too tyred to pour though my Owner's Handbooks,

Parts Books, and Repair Manuals. I hope someone else has

the energy do dig into the archives for your answer.

Nothing wrong with a SOLEX

maybe more energy come this weekend

and no one has offered help.

The part you circled (#8) is an electric idle solenoid. On the end of it is an idle jet similar to (#10). If you now have a standard jet in there, you are fine. Should you want to install the electric idle jet, connect the terminal to switched +12V that is on when the key is on and when cranking. If it is not connected to +12V the car will not run. That solenoid controls fuel to the primary idle circuit.

Thanks, Mike; that's just the info I needed.

I'm really amazed at, and in awe of, the incredible knowledge base on this forum!

Best regards,

Bob

The part you circled (#8) is an electric idle solenoid. On the end of it is an idle jet similar to (#10). If you now have a standard jet in there, you are fine. Should you want to install the electric idle jet, connect the terminal to switched +12V that is on when the key is on and when cranking. If it is not connected to +12V the car will not run. That solenoid controls fuel to the primary idle circuit.