Sign in to follow this  
PaulTWinterton

Refitting Pedal Box Question.

3 posts / 356 viewsLast Reply

I had to stop and regroup as I couldn't get the pedal box back into position. BEST TO INSTALL GAS PEDAL LINKAGE AFTER INSTALL. Lesson learned. The internal G/P linkage won't clear the lip after many attempts.

The big question: I didn't proper document the removal and I'm faced with an unknown.

At the top end of the Pedal Box unit are 2 slots to fit to the brakebooster/MasterCylinder bracket. There are 2 LARGE washers. I know the PBunit fits under the drivers/side LARGE washer, but on the passenger side there is also another part (gaspedal linkage support).

Does the slot fit behind the LARGE washer, OR behind the gaspedal linkage support?

I hope it's an easy question to understand and answer as the alternative is to measure or trial and error.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Cheers,

Normally I would agree, but these are 3 different systems -accelerator linkage, brake mc, and pedal box. The drawings are seperate and don't even show the LARGE washer assembly.

I'm hoping someone has pictures of their own pre74tii with this connection untouched.

But I'll probably just measure and use trial and error to confirm which way it goes. :-(

It's likely that the LARGE washer is ontop of each slotted fork, with the accelerator bracket up against the booster bracket. Not very German to have it different on each side.