Sign in to follow this  
Rocan

They found me... NYC subway ads and my 02

3 posts / 560 viewsLast Reply

So apparently my BMW is plastered all over NYC subway ads for Cohen's Optical... A fellow 2002 owner in Queens noticed a bright yellow 02 in the ad and called me up. Since I likely have the only bright yellow 02 in the city (or at least that gets driven every day), he figured it is mine. He said it was out in traffic in the picture, which I guess means that I'm not entitled to any money... oh well, I would at least like a copy of it. It's a bit annoying though since I actually work for a film car company and would otherwise get payed a nice paycheck for my car to be used in a photo-shoot or advertisement.

I'm definitely going to have to check up on this and see if I am entitled to any compensation... A bit of cash to buy some parts would be nice :D

If your car is the focal point of the ad and intentionally made so (as opposed to just being part of the background) then there is no doubt you should be entitled to something.

Be sure to post up a photo of the ad.

If it is the main focus of the photo, I would definitely approach them about compensation.