keytoa2002

Will 15x7 e12 fit? car will be lowered about 1 inch

16 posts / 3265 viewsLast Reply

72tii. I dont want to touch the body if I dont have to. What size tires should i get 185 or 195?

photo alpina4_zps95115611.jpg

Don't think so. I have 15 x 6 et 28 and they fit perfectly (my car is lowered 1 inch). It's not so much the 7" width of your wheels, but the et 12 that is a problem.

Don't think so. I have 15 x 6 et 28 and they fit perfectly (my car is lowered 1 inch). It's not so much the 7" width of your wheels, but the et 12 that is a problem.

what would be a reasonable solution in your opinion?

not without flares or jacking it up to look like a 4x4.

hmmm. not the look im looking for. ;)

72tii. I dont want to touch the body if I dont have to. What size tires should i get 185 or 195?

Long answer - yes

Short answer - no

Lip the guards and do a pull and they'll fit the rear well with 195/45's but only a 1" drop will make them look average. Stick to a et25-28 and you'll be able to get a 15x7 on the front.

Heres a pic of mine with 15x7 et12 rear, and 15x6 et12 front (195/45's all round)

4635435138_c3d37fcbb6_z.jpg

Long answer - yes

Short answer - no

Lip the guards and do a pull and they'll fit the rear well with 195/45's but only a 1" drop will make them look average. Stick to a et25-28 and you'll be able to get a 15x7 on the front.

Heres a pic of mine with 15x7 et12 rear, and 15x6 et12 front (195/45's all round)

Nice looking car!

Thank you for the tip. My wheels are 15x7 e 12 for all 4. A ittle pulled fender wont hurt anyone right?

Well, I'd much rather spend +/- $600 for a different set of wheels than mess with the body of my car. I am one whose strong preference to keep the body stock. I really like my Rota R20 alpina replicas:

010_zps63e24486.jpg

Nice wheels, but the offset is no good. Also, 185 would be too narrow for a 7"wheel. Good luck.

Thank you! these wheels were so hard to track down, I dont want to give up so easily.

Well, I'd much rather spend +/- $600 for a different set of wheels than mess with the body of my car. I am one whose strong preference to keep the body stock. I really like my Rota R20 alpina replicas:

010_zps63e24486.jpg

What are the dimen of your wheels and tires? Did you lower the car?

See my post. They are 15 x 6, et 28. They are designed for a 2002. Similarly, the E30 basket weave alloys are a 14 x 6, et 29 I believe, and fit perfectly. They are a popular and lower cost wheel. I had a set:

004_zps9a2ff775.jpg

I have Ireland stage 1 springs, which lowered it 1 inch. I'm running 195/50 x 15 tires (Yokohama S Drives). With the 14 inch wheels pictured here, I had 196/60 x 14 Dunlop Direzzas.

15" wide ET12 without flares - impossible.

Ok, you could maybe drive it with some ridiculous tire size and rolled fenders but there's no sense. Sorry but it's not the right wheel for your car.

Tommy

Nice stance! You should start a thread or something!

;-)

Long answer - yes

Short answer - no