Sign in to follow this  
malagalaga

The big 4-0

8 posts / 461 viewsLast Reply

My 02 (Stella) turned 40 last month. To celebrate, I drove her "home" to Austin, where she was sold new (the BMW dealership is now a Subaru dealer. I have all the records including the original sales receipt (the first owner traded a 72 Blazer!).

Conveniently, I needed to be in Austin on her birthday anyway. We cruised at 75-80 mph for much of the drive from Dallas.

No issues on the trip there or the trip home, although she is burning quite a bit of oil these days. Went through about 1.5 quarts in 500 miles of hard driving.

A few photos. The mural one is in East Austin, where it's hip to be round!

imag0790j.jpg

imag0791u.jpg

imag0794m.jpg

imag0798x.jpg

Shoulda called! Not that I have much time these days but who knows!

Nice photos and thats great to have some 02's with home to Austin.

~Jason

Shoulda called! Not that I have much time these days but who knows!

Nice photos and thats great to have some 02's with home to Austin.

~Jason

I know. I didn't have any free time on that trip. Been to Austin for work four times this year, but I can never seem to squeeze in any free time.

Congrats, thats a nice looking car! Is your temp gauge accurate??

No. A light thump on the instrument cluster will bring it back down. It does that every once in a while. Ground issue I'm sure.

Mid-America this year?

Those pictures of Austin bring back memories of grad school there in the 60s...when Austin was a LOT smaller. Was in the UT Tower when Charlie Whitman shot all those folks in the summer of '66...lucked out that morning!

cheers

mike

I lived in Austin for years. Occasionally I miss it quite a lot. I love the Austin Motel and that whole neighborhood. I need to get back down there sometime soon. After the summer...

Mid-America this year?

Those pictures of Austin bring back memories of grad school there in the 60s...when Austin was a LOT smaller. Was in the UT Tower when Charlie Whitman shot all those folks in the summer of '66...lucked out that morning!

cheers

mike

Yep, she'll be there! I think most of the DFW crew will be headed up on Friday morning.

And that's really some luck! Wow!

I lived in Austin for years. Occasionally I miss it quite a lot. I love the Austin Motel and that whole neighborhood. I need to get back down there sometime soon. After the summer...

South Congress is a lot different these days. Gets so busy on weekends. You'll wait forever to eat anywhere, even to grab a slice of pizza at Home Slice! At least the Continental Club is still pretty much the same.