• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeler: Throttle Pedal Kits

Rocan

Interested as well but would like to see pics installed before ordering.

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1988 Porsche 911 | 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser | 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands on Order | In Search of a BMW 2002 

I've been getting absolutely demolished by work lately... I should have kits photographed and installed by the weekend d the 26th. Sorry for the delay!

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

I've just placed an order for enough material to build 5 initial sets. I'll be testing one of those myself, so 4 will be up for sale. The people who have posted here and sent me emails will have first dibs; I will post their names in a list by monday. They ended up costing me a bit more than I expected, so they will be 60/kit + shipping. Any cheaper and I'd simply be losing money. The additional cost is justified though... this second version is much stronger than my initial design and you would have a hard time making one of equal strength and quality for the same price.

A couple things have changed since the initial design. The majority of the price difference comes from the pedal thickness. 1/8 of an inch simply wasn't thick enough to safely flush mount a flathead screw. So I decided to go with 1/4" thickness which is just a bit thicker than it really needs to be, but the overall product will be far far better because of it.

Another major thing that I changed was the way that the bearing would mount to the accelerator rod. Nylon works and is cheaper, but I want that bearing to stay exactly where it is supposed to. So included in each kit will be two 8mm ID locking collars (black oxide, the stainless are crazy expensive, sorry) to keep that bearing right where it should be.

The rest of the hardware is all still stainless, though I switched to 18-8 as 316 only really has benefits in high heat applications and I couldn't justify the additional cost. The hinge is grade 304 however.

The last change was that I specified larger washers to better distribute the load wherever possible. Seriously, this pedal is really overkill... but hey, I'm not gentle on my pedals and I don't expect you to be either!

I will post pictures as soon as I get everything in. In time I may be able to decrease the costs once I figure out precisely how much material I need (I made sure I have extra to start). I'll keep everyone posted! Sorry for the delay, but I promise to make it up to everyone!

A bunch of Bikes...

Material just arrived! I got so excited I had to stop myself from making them right this moment. In fact, they will have to wait until thursday night at the earliest, and next week monday at the latest to be made thanks to my midterms.

Quality is better than expected, as is the usual case with McMaster. The hinges have nearly no slop (some were a little snug which I will have to loosen just a tad). They will mount to the pedals without issue and the hinges will be practically invisible. The bearings are nice quality and the collars that hold the bearings in place are super trick. I have more then enough material to make about 10, aside from needing some more hinges. I'll take the money from the first 4 sold and buy more hinges!

Pics as soon as I get a chance, likely by tomorrow night.

A bunch of Bikes...

nice to see the update sir!

looking forward to meeting up soon on 28th

let me know cost and will have green waiting for you

cleaned the garage on Sunday, keeping busy playing be well, perhaps we can drum up a third or forth for our car day meet up

Mark Baum / mbaum.collects@gmail.com
1976 BMW 2002 sunroof  (looking good now!)

2015 VW Jetta S (more like a car not a family boat)

nice to see the update sir!

looking forward to meeting up soon on 28th

let me know cost and will have green waiting for you

cleaned the garage on Sunday, keeping busy playing be well, perhaps we can drum up a third or forth for our car day meet up

I'm looking forward to it! Absolutely will be getting one to you by then. Definitely would be nice to get some more people to join us!

Well, I did a quick count and it seems there are at least 15 people who are interested. I will make a list once I post pictures so we can keep things organized.

A bunch of Bikes...

• 2 weeks later...