nbristow01

38/38 DGES and 38/38 DGMS

8 posts / 670 viewsLast Reply

I may order a new carb today and sell my old one. I would prefer a manual choke. Is the 38/38 DGMS the same carb as the 38/38 DGES? Just with mechanical choke? I know this may be a stupid question

The DGMS may be the double pumper version. See Ireland's website:

http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/2002-fuel-intake.html

I have the 38/38, double pumper, manual choke, that I bought from them last year. Patrick, of Midnight Motorsports, dialed in the carb with his wide-band and it works flawlessly. Not sure whether the double pumper make any practical difference on my relatively stock engine, but Patrick was a bit surprised at the size of the main jets we ended up using. Larger than usual--so maybe it's flowing more fuel than a DGES.

Stu,

What wide band did Patrick use?

Thanks

Dave

Stu,

what are your M P G 's

I don't know, maybe 20; I don't keep track. I do know there is a very noticeable difference when I put my foot in it. The great thing about the carb is the responsiveness; it's very similar to the 40 DCOEs I had on my last '02. So, most of the time, I rarely have to depress the pedal more than 1/2 to 1 inch.

Stu,

Thanks

Dave

Here's what Patrick used:

A Powerdex AFX external wideband (made by NGK/NTK), used with an Innovate Motorsports tailpipe clamp.

He uses a different setup with a permanent mount; let me know if you're interested in that.

Stu.

Stu,

Thanks

Dave

Here's what Patrick used:

A Powerdex AFX external wideband (made by NGK/NTK), used with an Innovate Motorsports tailpipe clamp.

He uses a different setup with a permanent mount; let me know if you're interested in that.

Stu.

sorry for the thread I jack but I just bought a ATM wideband sensor I'm install by welding it into the downside. il post pics soon