ma.jomaa

Buying some wheels today, need some input

10 posts / 2073 viewsLast Reply

So I'm picking up these wheels today and wanted to know if any of you guys have seen them before or have any info. The only information I have is they're made in Japan, they're Stamped "Super Light" and that they're 4x100 14x6 +30, any additional info is greatly apprectiated.

10wnr6s.jpg

316vnlx.jpg

2i2aivm.jpg

complete guess here, but maybe Hayashi/HRE's?

Wish they were HRE's, but I don't think they are since these are one piece wheels.

As the casting implies, they are Super Light wheels and were imported from Japan. Epsilon Wheels distributed them in the mid-late 80's in the USA. It's a great quality wheel. They made them hub-centric for BMW, Honda and VW. They are a 2 piece wheel but, welded together. At ET30, chances are they are a 57.1 center bore for BMW/VW.

I think they may be called super lights as opposed to them being "super light". Found this on the intrawebs. VW vortex, i must say polished lip and gold meshees look nice.

post-232-13667670438444_thumb.jpg

Very nice detail around the lug nuts, I see now no cap , way cool Mohammad.

You guys never disappoint thank you for your great input. they sure look nice and yes it is a two piece welded wheel, I will definetly update this thread with pics when they're on the car (if it ever gets finished).

Two of the tires are less than a month old and two need to be changed, I believe they have Falken Zeix 195x60x14, as of now I haven't seen the wheels in person as they were in OC and my father works there so I had him pick them up (he said they looked really good just needed some cleaning), I'll snap some more pics over the weekend when they're in my possesion.