Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

OT: 1968 2000cs whole or for parts.

14 posts / 2589 viewsLast Reply

i'd like to get into the head of the person who allowed a supposedly 60K mile car deteriorate into that state. did they just pull into the garage after driving through salted roads and not even rinse it off?

anyhow, i'm 2 years into an on-again, off-again major rust restoration of a 72tii that should have been allowed to return to the earth. with patience ( i mean PATIENCE and some talent), and welding ablility, i'd hazard a guess that this car could possibly see the road again. it would require a ton of work just to remove all the rusted out bolted on bits to even get to the stripped down body. looking at the underside of the trunklid did NOT look too bad. the curled up edge seams typically suffer the most with rust, but i didn't see that. sheetmetal repair to flat panels is not difficult and most of this car is relatively flat. however, it's not a ferrari or porsche or alfa so it will never recoup the time and money spent. this is a labor of love...

if you could just make it structurally sound and clear-coat it it would be a fun car to drive around in.

invest in a soda blaster and see what remains after an afternoon of blasting...

Guest Anonymous

Way to liberate them Jason !

Well, gents, I delivered the car to its new owner in VA on Wednesday. 27 hour round trip..

Its slated for a rotisserie restoration.

Good times.

Wonder who pulled the "buy it now" trigger? The bits look all there, just corroded. It would be interesting to see the engine internals after being stored all this time.