malagalaga

Paint and body quote - is this reasonable?

7 posts / 853 viewsLast Reply

$750 to:

- properly sand/respray hood

- sand, treat light surface rust on C-pillar. This includes painting everything above belt line trim and below rain gutter trim. And between door and trunk.

This also includes all the necessary prep and post-treatment.

I have a rock chip in the hood and there is some paint cracking at the top. And I have a flex crack in the C-pillar that has led to some rust building up below the crack. The rust is just cosmetic surface rust.

I got several quotes. All were higher than this, but, oddly enough, this seemed like the most trustworthy place. Been in business for 30 years in what was a small town but is now a sprawling suburb. They specialize in classic cars. I saw some of the other cars they've painted and the finish looked excellent to me.

Guest Anonymous

Just make sure that "sanding" includes block sanding to cover any imperfections that otherwise could show up after the final paint job/

sounds like FREE to me

labor rate must be $7.50 per hour ?!

what were the other estimates / in detail ?

Just make sure that "sanding" includes block sanding to cover any imperfections that otherwise could show up after the final paint job/

yes it does. I was broadly generalizing in my post above.

sounds like FREE to me

labor rate must be $7.50 per hour ?!

what were the other estimates / in detail ?

If I was taking my car to Pebble Beach, I might expect 100 hours into it.

With primer, abrasives tape and paint there is probably at least $150 in material, so that is very reasonable. I am painting a car now and the cost of material is brutal.

With primer, abrasives tape and paint there is probably at least $150 in material, so that is very reasonable. I am painting a car now and the cost of material is brutal.

Cool, thanks. It was less than I expected. This place appears to get good reviews and I was satisfied with the cars I saw. I have high standards and this shop seems to meet them.

Andrew that is about right. That is the quote I got to respray my hod, and both front fenders