esty

distributor...

10 posts / 733 viewsLast Reply

steve got the o2 truck running....for a few minutes before it started sounding terminal...it looks like a couple of springs and other stuff down in the dist, under the metal cover, inside the dizzy have broken or come off of whatever they attach to

under the plates (?), i can see the end of a spring on one side and a metal rod sticking out and floppy on the other

anyway...not knowing diddly about it, do we need a distributor...if so, who has one for sale

there are a few for sale in the FS forum but i don't know anything about them...will one size dizzy fit all

never mind mechanical or vac advance differences

Yours can likely easily be put back together. Sometimes that spring clip holding the shaft together can pop off and things fly apart. Or a spring might liberate itself.

ray....is a dizzy fairly easy to take apart ...we have never changed a dizzy before and the idea is very intimidating

Guest Anonymous

I'll second that offer. I have 12 spares in my basement. Surely one of them would serve the purpose. Located in Maryland. Might help if you can provide the model number of your current dizzy so I can check whether I have an exact replacement. Less variables, more certainty.

Grice

thanks ron & mr. gruff...i found one soon after i sailed my distress flag

you guys are my champs

To answer, yep they're rather simple to disassemble. The hardest part is that little spring clip on the top of the shaft. Get half a dozen of Grice's and practice. You can add a sideline to the carpet biz after!

It's been eons since I pulled one apart tho, so I may be forgetting something. But the top section is all you'd need to disassemble and I do remember it's really pretty simple.

;-)

When refitting the spring clip that holds the top sleeve in place, i used a plastic pen with the ink stick removed, placed it over on top of the spring clip and popped it down in place.