gorms70

02 Required reading

6 posts / 776 viewsLast Reply

We have owned our 1600 for about a month now and I want to learn as much as I can about this car so I can maintain it as I do our other fun cars. Aside from daily surfing on the FAQ what other books (or sites) do you consider required reading?

So far I have already got through Mike Macartney's "BMW '02 Restoration Guide", "The Restorer's Reference BMW 2002" by James Taylor, and of course the Haynes manual.

Lots of good basic information here...

http://www.bimmers.com/02/

wow, that's a blast from the past! It's a great site. I think I've read it from end to end... maybe several times.

Like the other have said: factory service manual, the Haynes manual and a lot of wrenching. You'll learn. Good Luck and welcome to the asylum :)

Thanks guys. I'll have to find the factory manual. The Haynes manual has it's usual limitations.

Got steering and front suspension bushings to replace this weekend. I am sure I will learn a lot just by doing. Oh and the rear brakes to finish!

www.penskeparts.com

They have the variants for the 1600 right where you'd expect them. RealOEM doesn't do as well...

www.bmw2002faq.com

They have the deviants right where you'd expect them.

t