Philbert

W&N Fenders

5 posts / 823 viewsLast Reply

Our German friends have "aftermarket quality" fenders for $109 apiece and what must be OEM for $757. Has anyone tried the cheap ones? Are they any good? My old ones are rusting out around the headlight cowlings, unfortunately. For 1500 bucks I'm willing to do some creative metal shaping and welding but if I can get new ones for $250 or so, I'd be crazy to spend all that time...

I have an extra new set from W&N and tried them on a 2002 that I am restoring to see how they fit. Ialso have original fenders so I tried both. The repros fit very good and are definately worth it for the money. I will sell you the ones that I have if you are interested- $400 plus shipping for both. 92010- Carlsbad, CA. re: [email protected]

I have no experience with OEM fenders, but from what I hear, the moulds are not prefect any more and they don't fit perfectly any more.

I decided to go with W&N fenders for exactly that reason, but have not fitted them yet, so I don't know how they fit, but they seem to be made from the same thickness sheet as the originals but look slightly different around the turn signal area from the back, but you can not see it if fitted.

Regards

Jacques

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go ahead and place an order with Walloth.

Phil