chrisp

Which Redline air cleaner? Two heights for the Weber 32/36

4 posts / 450 viewsLast Reply

height that they used...

Here's a link:

http://www.carburetion.com/Weber/weberpartsair.asp

I'd like to get the taller of the 2 for obvious reasons but just wanted to see if anyone had trouble with hood clearance with the taller version.

P.S. I realize that using the cold air intake line would be ideal but I need to get this car back on the road and the open element air cleaner would do that quick and easy. Then I can work on building a cold air intake setup. My stock air cleaner was all hacked up already when I got it and after trying a couple days to make it work with the new Weber 32/36, no dice.

the tall one. have 32/36 on twm manifold and tall one works perfectly. test fitted by molding a ball of clay, laying on top of the air cleaner cover and closing hood. clay compressed to about 1/2 inch enough for clearance and motor movement under access/decel. one thing that may be a problem is some of the two bbl manifolds had a higher baseplate mounting surface than others so make sure to take that into account. if you have one of those then the 1 7/8 works.

Gale H

thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the short one...

I like the clay idea.

I will have to use that when I get around to making the cold air setup.