LimeySteve

My latest project a 1972 2002

8 posts / 692 viewsLast Reply

James's friend was wanting an old car like James' 74 so with a tip from Mohammad I bought this little driving (Now ) project from Down town Los Angeles. Now his mother does not want him to have an old car "you can't drive them on the freeway ! "

So we decided to cherry it out a bit & repair all the little damage the PO's daughter inflicted on the car, scratches, broken turn sig switch,broken drop down screen on the DVD stereo !!. I have swapped out the weird speedo , aligned the drivers window correctly , I have plenty of little stuff to do like the hood fit at the nose . It will be a good car it has a rebuilt engine & trans & the brakes etc are great . I may go 2 tone as the paint is suffering & it's a black cherry metallic so not stock anyway.(was Agave !! )

Also I could not live with a nose high stance so I went to work with a cut off wheel & the wheels that were originally on my 71.

Here are some snaps .

IMG_0431-1_zps30af663e.jpg

IMG_0434-2_zps00e4050a.jpg

IMG_0435-1_zps3ab2e6ff.jpg

IMG_0453_zpsb180684c.jpg

IMG_0454_zps87269140.jpg

Good luck with the project! The seats look like they just got re upholstered.

Sucks to hear that it didn't work out with Anthony, but I know you'll cherry this thing up. btw what are those wheels in the last couple pictures?

Mohammad, those were the wheels off my 02 when I bought it , I like them on this dark coloured car. 5 1/2 13's

Cheers Ireland front spoiler tonight, waiting to hear about a fiberglass rear bumper to finish off the appearance , looking to 2 tone it as the hood trunk & roof were scratched up by his young daughter !!!, it runs like a top too :)