kremington

tii Brake Line Arrangement

12 posts / 4164 viewsLast Reply

I'm closing in on finishing a front brake resto project. I got a set of rebuilt electroplated calipers, new braided stainless brake lines and new piping. I need a little help remembering which line coming out from the master cylinder is the supply line. Would someone please be so kind and take a snapshot of the inner side of their caliper such that the entire line/piping apparatus is visible? Thx!

Keith, not sure what you are asking. You first mention master cylinder then went to caliper. Maybe these may help. Let me know if you need something else

StrutsFeb4_zps379c4cb4.jpg

StrutsFeb5_zps9e69a5ee.jpg

struts8_zps082d8d42.jpg

mastercylinder.jpg

brakelinesatmaster_zpsbdb2f307.jpg

SSBrakelinesupfront_zpseef40457.jpg

Hey Bill, thanks for the great shots! Outstanding work there btw. The photos do answer my question for the most part. So to be more specific, there are two pipes that pop through the wheel well from the master cylinder; mine are still original. Basically, they're side by side, and one might describe them as either being closer to the front of the car or closer to the rear. My goal is to reconnect everything correctly. With the aide of your photos, I would extrapolate that the forward most pipe from the master cylinder connects to the brake line leading to the lower port on the caliper. I'm guessing in any case the lower port needs to ultimately be connected to the supply pipe from the master cylinder. Correct?

post-66-13667670027602_thumb.jpg

post-66-1366767002852_thumb.jpg

I am still a bit hazy on your question. Haziness happens to me these days..

Each "port" from the lower or side parts of the master cylinder connects to a hard brake line. There are five.

One goes to the rear brakes.

Then one to each "port" on the calipers. Two to each caliper.

The brake fluid is supplied to the master from the two "ports" on the top.

Ok, I'm getting the idea that my question might not even be an issue. Does it matter at all how the pipes from the master cylinder connect to the caliper, arrangement-wise? Thanks again!

Ok, I'm getting the idea that my question might not even be an issue. Does it matter at all how the pipes from the master cylinder connect to the caliper, arrangement-wise? Thanks again!

no it matters You can see where they go in that diagram posted as follows

5 to the rear

4+9 drivers front

and the other 2 pass front (side ports on master cyl)

no it matters You can see where they go in that diagram posted as follows

5 to the rear

4+9 drivers front

and the other 2 pass front (side ports on master cyl)

Hey Steve!

Yes I get that 4 & 9 go to the driver side and 7 & 2 go to the passenger side. In fact I haven't touched the original factory plumbing yet. I'm after whether it matters how you connect the hard pipes from the caliper back to the master cylinder pipes. For example, in said diagram, 7 appears to route to the upper port on the caliper. Thanks.

post-180-13667670035625_thumb.jpg

Keith--I understood your question clearly, since I asked the same question a couple of years ago and didn't get a definite answer. After consideration I connected my MC #4 front line (toward the radiator) to the lower set of caliper pistons. There are numerous conflicting diagrams as the the correct setup--next time I'll take better OEM references. There are also conflicting opinions on whether it makes a difference--what is the orientation of your original OEM install?

Hey Steve!

Yes I get that 4 & 9 go to the driver side and 7 & 2 go to the passenger side. In fact I haven't touched the original factory plumbing yet. I'm after whether it matters how you connect the hard pipes from the caliper back to the master cylinder pipes. For example, in said diagram, 7 appears to route to the upper port on the caliper. Thanks.

Keith youre reading that diagram incorrectly follow 7 and 2 back behind the brake booster. Call me if you dont understand Im at home 952 476 6607

(edited)

7 years later you saved my day! Thanks for the pictures guys. I had the same problem of finding what goes where on those Tii calipers!

JP
Belgium

IMG_20200606_123843540.jpg

Edited by Toga

5 hours ago, Toga said:

7 years later you saved my day! Thanks for the pictures guys. I had the same problem of finding what goes where on those Tii calipers!

JP
Belgium

well done on the search!!!!