73tiiDavidPA

New Home for the tii

12 posts / 1324 viewsLast Reply

It's been a long time, but after moving to SC last summer the garage is complete. I'll get to electric, water, and a lift later when budget allows, but at least they are out of the storage facility I was renting and in the back yard. Not sure yet what will fill the space behind door # 3, probably a chrome bumper MGB for my wife.

post-1067-13667669944106_thumb.jpg

post-1067-13667669945005_thumb.jpg

post-1067-1366766994584_thumb.jpg

that is a sweet man cave!

I would do anything for one of those!

If the citroen and 02 get together, I am thinking they might produce an alfa romeo....

Nice garage! Both awesome cars I've always wanted to own a DS-21.

Nice garage! Both awesome cars I've always wanted to own a DS-21.

When its on the road and running, the DS is the best riding car I've ever been in (and I've been in a lot). Drove my co-worker's new S class Merc the other day (which basically uses the same though updated suspension) and my near on 50 year old DS rides much, muich better.

Only problem is keeping it running. 2300 PSI on the suspension, braking, and steering system leaves for many failure points.

And its either love it or hate it styling (I love it, a true breakthrough automobile).

I suspect there are many of us that worship the DS! What year is yours?

Great garage and tii, too! (But compared to DS sightings, 02 sightings are plentiful!)

Regards,

Steve

Import Carlisle is coming up soon - The place you ought to be

with both cars - although MORE french Cars show up than 02

the past years. Go FRENCH

ds-brake.jpg

mann, you you want to make peoples heads

explode?! - most here cant find an engine number or

an idle jet (but i love them anyway)- just try splaining the suspension/steering system and COST$! of parts!!!

Hydrosoft.gif

susp.jpg

ride-height2.jpg

I recall seeing this ad were they would take one of the wheels off and the car would still be drive able!

Super nice garage and very nice cars. Been dreaming of a DS for years.

John

nice! what are the dimensions of the shop? did you use a stock plan or spec it yourself? looks like storage or room above?

on of these days I need to move to the Carolinas...

The garage is 24 deep, 36 wide, 12 high with a 5/12 pitched roof and attic trusses. The attic space is 10 by 32 (4 foot wide interior stairs) with a 7 foot height (6 foot high for about 6 feet wide, then slooping down with the roofline from there with 4 foot knee walls).

I got the local lumber yard to build it. They were recommended by several people. In a town of 7800 people I try to spend as many dollars locally as possible. They didn't use a plan, just my hand-drawn sketch. The concrete is 6 inches deep, fiberglass reinforced, polished, and 3000 psi so I can put a lift and/or a car stacker later. The doors are 9 foot wide, 10 tall with a row of windows. There are 3 windows on one side (2 x 4) and two on the other (because of the stairs). The dormer is just aesthetic, but allows for windows and light in the attic along with another window on one side (once again the stair side had no window). I kept the windows 7 feet up so I can put racking / shelves underneath and no one can see in but they still let in light.

Plumbing is roughed in, but not attached currently and I haven't run electrical out there yet either. The run for both would be over 300 feet, so there currently is a budget constraint in doing so (a 300 foot 100 amp run of buried copper along with wiring and lighting isn't cheap).

As it sits the whole thing with permits, taxes, etc., cost 24k. I would of loved to build it bigger, but that was all the costs I could justify without overbuilding for the real estate market / neighborhood.