Ultralite

Favorite engine sound/component combo? 02 specific

4 posts / 567 viewsLast Reply

What's the best engine-header-exhaust combo you've come across on an 02?

My favorite engine noises are at the race track. I loved the sound of my 02 before I started the breakdown process. But I had an old crumby header and rusted out exhaust. And being still fairly new to 02s, I haven't heard that many.

If you have any video links as examples, please post.

AhHa this one brings a chuckle, my first o2 was a complete car from picnpull for 3 bones, a 76 that passed smog with the dreaded thermal reactor suffocating manifold, probably the worst breathin exhaust BMW ever produced, but with the glass pack out back she growled at idle, the smog guys never knew what hit them, at 5 grand wide open it rattled windows and shook the preachers dentures. The neighbors started a petition and I went out to the junkyard and found a stock unit, but...........every few months the glass would go back on just for the visceral rush. Ted Nugent had already ruined my ears and have no idea of performance gain but what a kick in the pants. Moral of the story? o2s breath pretty good even at their worst, the muffler makes a huge difference, I highly reccomend this setup if you like it loud & proud