keytoa2002

First Car wash in 20 yrs. Tii revival project.

25 posts / 2332 viewsLast Reply

Hello, I am a new member here and would like to share my new journal with the community. This is a garage find here in southern CA. "Pumpkin" was hidden under a cover and hidden away for 19 years. It went from one garage to my garage for another year before I took her out for a car wash. Today, she was sent off to be worked on. Here are some pictures, I hope you all enjoy that another Tii will be saved and revived.

First taste of water after 20 yrs!

wetpic2_zps166257d6.jpg

wetpic1_zpse2ddbdbe.jpg

flatbedday2_zps140ca9a2.jpg

cloth dried and in need of a polish and a coat of wax. All this will be done when engine work has been completed.

fronleftwash_zps061c8cff.jpg

rearleftwash_zps6693b49a.jpg

rearwash_zpsd2a3b806.jpg

today. Pumpkin was shipped off for some tender care. Can't wait to get her back on the road. It has been too long.

flatbedday4_zpsaa782c76.jpg

flatbedday5_zps4ab13ef9.jpg

flatbedday6_zpse553276c.jpg

Another TII saved to be enjoyed on the road. Will keep you posted. Engine work, tranny, suspension, door alignment.

Guest gliding_serpent
WOW - wish I could find a car like that.

Please don't chop it/modify it/slam it/flare it/re-paint it/screw it up!

Stanced: Sitting on Tarmac ANd Can't Escape Driveway

Watch that crack in the dash! Mine looked like that when I bought the car in 1992. I hesitate to show you what it looks like now, but I wear it as a badge of (150K miles behind the wheel) honor.

lol...gonna keep it nice, clean and stock. bought some new shocks, springs and looking for some nice wheels.

Watch that crack in the dash! Mine looked like that when I bought the car in 1992. I hesitate to show you what it looks like now, but I wear it as a badge of (150K miles behind the wheel) honor.

I keep it under a cover and inside a garage. what is the best way to prevent cracking or further cracking?

I keep it under a cover and inside a garage. what is the best way to prevent cracking or further cracking?

That will help. Also don't drive it.