• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lack of Brake pedal pressure

I went round 10 times and was still getting air out all the brakes. I cracked the pipes on the MS first, then bled servos. I ran out of fluid. Started again today and still air coming out the callipers. If you pump the pedal several times it goes nice and hard. If I keep my foot on it it stays up and hard. But as soon as I remove my foot and press the pedal again it goes to the floor.

Front callipers are up the right way and the master cylinder was supposed to have been rebuild (by this cowboy). So I suspect I'll have to go down this route again. But waiting for a second opinion next week.

Chairman of the 02 Register BMW Car Club (GB) Ltd.

I went round 10 times and was still getting air out all the brakes. I cracked the pipes on the MS first, then bled servos. I ran out of fluid. Started again today and still air coming out the callipers. If you pump the pedal several times it goes nice and hard. If I keep my foot on it it stays up and hard. But as soon as I remove my foot and press the pedal again it goes to the floor.

Front callipers are up the right way and the master cylinder was supposed to have been rebuild (by this cowboy). So I suspect I'll have to go down this route again. But waiting for a second opinion next week.

Chairman of the 02 Register BMW Car Club (GB) Ltd.

What the pressure bleeder?Easy make it like I did .Get an old M/C cap from the Breakers drill a hole in the centre screw in a nitto air line fitting ( or whatever is compatable with your compressor lines ) you can put a nut on the back of it if you like .Then buy a mini regulator, screw in the appropriate fittings, clip it onto the cap when your all set. Always set the pressure at zero and then dial it up as your compressor reaches pressure.These regulators get used in line by the handle of spray guns, easy to adjust pressure right there rather than walking back to your compressor all the time .Dont exceed 20 psi it could blow your lines off , 15 psi is really more appropriate, maybe start off on 10 psi and dial up more as you see fit. Ive actually ran it up to 30 psi by mistake... also had new M/C res and new delivery lines.I usually dont even use the brake pedal during bleeding .

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

• 2 months later...

Was once part of a crew trying to bleed a 318i, could not get any response from the pedal.  It later turned out that the piston had stuck in the far end of the bore, so we weren't pushing it at all - just spring pressure on the pedal.