webthread

Bavaria on Charlies Angels

11 posts / 773 viewsLast Reply

Just thought I'd share, because it is slightly more interesting than my Accounting work that I'm studying.

F91294AC-FEB6-4552-BB8C-7CC2394E5202-6480-000005C7E4A7FC62.jpg

We get a local channel here, has all sorts of shows from the 60's/early 70's; I watch some of them, see a lot of classics, did see a roundie 2002 on an

episode of Hawaii 5-0 and Columbo

Technically, it could also be a U.S. model 2500 or 2800. I seem to recall that "Bavaria" was a nameplate stuck on a U.S. model after BMW combined 2500 trim with the 2800's engine, when the 2500 and 2800 names failed to incite a sales riot at U.S. dealers. The Bavaria name only appeared around 1971, whereas the 2500's and 2800's appeared in the U.S. around 1968.

Steve

Looking at some of those autos in the background, I'd say 2500 or 2800

is a good guess as well. Gotta admit, I watch the classic show TV channel mostly to see the cars; Columbo always catches grief from someone about that Peugeot he drives

Tim

Screw the Bav. That '65 Ford station wagon behind it is the bomb.

x2(backward seats 3rd row so the kids can suck exhuast one easy way to chill them out)

The wagon is what the hit man was driving. Farrah Fawcet was in this episode so it was the original cast, all 3 Angels drove Fords, one is a Pinto