VeronaO2

Bavarian Machine Specialties getting out of 2002 business

5 posts / 1421 viewsLast Reply

I just spoke with Caroline from BMS and she told me that they were getting out of the support business for 1970's and older BMW's because of a lack of available parts, etc.

That means no more support for 2002's in their shop.

What this means is one of the most well-known BMW vintage support shops in Houston is going away.

I just spoke with Caroline from BMS and she told me that they were getting out of the support business for 1970's and older BMW's because of a lack of available parts, etc.

In talking to John, it sounds like the biggest driver is the inability to accurately estimate and quickly resolve issues. BMS was a great shop to me back when I had my E36 M3, and they were good with my 2002tii.

The folks at Texas German Autohaus seem well equipped to work on them as well. I may give them a shot.

J

In talking to John, it sounds like the biggest driver is the inability to accurately estimate and quickly resolve issues. BMS was a great shop to me back when I had my E36 M3, and they were good with my 2002tii.

The folks at Texas German Autohaus seem well equipped to work on them as well. I may give them a shot.

J

Sorry - Just saw this thread while bouncing around.

My bet is, after Mike passed - they just lack the know how to work on the older cars.

Oh - and by the way, John is a jerk.  He doesn't like 2002's - thinks they are "those old cars".    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.