johnny02

Dashboard out with FAQ help

6 posts / 564 viewsLast Reply

Finally got the dash out. The two screws beneath the windshield were easy as that was already out. I could not figure out how to get the heater controls free until I "cross-referenced" the heater box refurb FAQ which details how to access those last few hidden screws. Viola! Dash out and everything looks clean back there save some dust. Heater box is next.

Hi Jhonny...I'm glad you were able to pull it out. Where in this website did go for advice? I'm planning to fix a few burned bulbs and the heater lever this weekend.

Thanks.

Dan

Where in this website did go for advice? I'm planning to fix a few burned bulbs and the heater lever this weekend.

Do you think you have to pull the dash for the bulbs and heater level? Cause you shouldn't have to. I've replaced all the bulbs (instrument and heater control) and the heater box and didn't touch the dash.

Just want to make sure you don't make a job harder than it should be.

Man.... I'm glad to hear this!!!! I wasn't exactly looking forward to having to take the dash out. Like the original post ..I'll wait to have all the new bulbs ready before going in.

I'll be also working on fixing the heater lever. It only goes half way between cold and hot.

Thanks for the info...

Dan..

Bill-

Yeah, I was reading the heater box refurb FAQ trying to find a clue and that was the final piece for the heater controls. I will be using that FAQ, but the heater box actually looks pretty dry and clean from the outside (It was a desert car for most of its life. Who knows what treasures lie inside...

-John