path88

First Hand Expertise

20 posts / 1036 viewsLast Reply

My gal and I run around in a '76 standard '02 here in San Diego. Love the car, but hate that we're kind of automotive ignoranamouses.

Anyway, getting an education is desired and, as most of you can attest, talking to dudes face to face that are enthusiasts is not only one of the easiest ways to start learning, but the most fun.

The engine we have is tired and we'd like to attempt a refresh, but don't want to make a ton of mechanical missteps either. So, you know, meeting folks that are cool and into the mentoring thing would be awesome.

That said, anyone here in San Diego that would be willing to let us treat them to coffee/lunch/beer (or all of the above) for the exchange of talking about something you enjoy doing?

I'm sure that you can find enthusiasts there, but also drive down to La Jolla Independent and talk to Carl Nelson and crew. Carl is likely one of the top 5 '02 experts in the country, and a good guy.

http://www.bimmerdoc.com/

Cheers,

drive down to La Jolla Independent and talk to Carl Nelson and crew.

Yeah, those guys are great. The car has been to their shop already, but finding a more informal non-bizness type of guidance would also be welcome.

Did I mention beer bribery?

There are a couple of us down here in San Diego. We have had one get together a while back, but maybe it is time for another. Always fun to talk shop about 02s.

Alan

There are a couple of us down here in San Diego.

What's your '02 ride and where are you at? We're over in the San Carlos, by Cowles Mt.

it's a 72. been in hibernation for the past 10 years. Finally got it running a couple of months ago. Close to you...I live by downtown La Mesa.

You got at beer. I'm in. LOL.

Yup, it's not even the cheap stuff, unless you enjoy that, like me. Can also get my hands on some home brew if you're interested!

Let's do this. I'm new on the 02 scene. i'm still learning alot about these cars. Albone got me into it. I blame him for the addiction.

Jake.

You guys should drive up to cars and coffee in Irvine, too. I'm jealous!

;-)

I'm in for a get together. I am in Eastlake.

I got my 02 with a EFI system installed, so I know absolutely nothing about carbs, but willing to share whatever I know.

Cheers, Edward

go north to basco sunday

Let's do this. I'm new on the 02 scene. i'm still learning alot about these cars. Albone got me into it. I blame him for the addiction.

Jake.

Cool deal. I'm only a few minutes from downtown lemesa and my schedule is plenty flexible. If you got a suggestion of a good place to park meet that'll work.

Beers on me.

go north to basco sunday

I think I'm gonna try to do this. I have to arrange some stuff to carve out the time for that round trip drive, but should be able to make it happen.

Anyone else from San Diego going to be there?