ma.jomaa

wheels width question

8 posts / 966 viewsLast Reply

Please forgive me if this has been covered before, any help is greatly appreciated.

Now my question is what's the maximum 15" wheel width that can be fitted on a stock body, I don't mind doing a light fender roll but really trying to keep the body as stockish looking as possible, is an 8" wheel in the rear possible without major pull or flares?

In your response please include wheel size, Offset, tire size and brand, and how much camber are you running? TIA.

Mohamad.

Please forgive me if this has been covered before, any help is greatly appreciated.

Now my question is what's the maximum 15" wheel width that can be fitted on a stock body, I don't mind doing a light fender roll but really trying to keep the body as stockish looking as possible, is an 8" wheel in the rear possible without major pull or flares?

In your response please include wheel size, Offset, tire size and brand, and how much camber are you running? TIA.

Mohamad.

I would not think so, but I´m a 13" kind of guy running 6" wide. Search some more and have a look at the stance thread. Use the "site search", allegedly it´s way better. You´ll find answers.

it is not just about wheel size, tire size is critical. it is not the wheel that hits the body, it is the tire.

in my experience, 7in et 25 is as big as you can get under stock body. i assume that a 205/50 is as wide a tire as you can do that fits properly on a 7in wheel. 195/50 is better.

there are some that would say that 12in wide wheels with 165/20 tires fit perfectly with no issues, but.....

I ran a set of 15x7 ET30 BBS RM wheels on the rear of my 02 for a while. This was with a set of 195/50-15 tires (closest to the correct diameter). My fender lips are "lightly" rolled at the wheel well. IIRC, the front wheels were 15c6.5 with ET33. Pretty tight fit in the front.

Mohamad.

I`m running 205/50`s on a 15x7 wheel in back(and hopefully in front too). I needed a 1/4" spacer, but that`s because my rims are for some rice burner car(FWD). I really should find the actual offset on those....

Anyway, it will be a tight fit up front(probably going to have to roll the fenders). The back should clear ok, but I don`t have lips on my rear fenders to guarantee anything. The rust demons stole mine.

205/50 on 15x7 ET 25 Rs's Im rolled out back and pretty low. No rubbing at all

Thank you guys for all the help, I think I'll go with 15x7 with 195's now it's a matter of finding wheels with the correct offset, as I'd really like to stay away from using spacers. From the info I've gathered so far I should be aiming for mid 20's for the offset correct?