rover1

california fuel tax increase set for july

8 posts / 469 viewsLast Reply

im so upset when i herd about this BS! california already has second highest gas prices in the US. They say that since we are conserving more gas, that tax revinew is down. we havnt even reached the part of the year gas prices start to really go up. im thinking $6 a gallon for sure this summer. time remove the twin 40dcoe and go back to 1 barrell solex and mechanical fuel pump.

Gee, just in time for the O"Fest in Monterey. I'm currently paying $3.50 a gal. for premium where I live in Nogales, AZ, but it's several cents cheaper in Tucson.

Bob Napier

I guess this is off topic, but many on the list are from CA, so this is of interest. The state gas (not applicable to diesel) tax will increase by 3.5 cents/gallon for gas sold in CA on July 1, 2013. End of chat.

i.e., about 35 cents on an empty tank. Dammed revenuers.

The state will figure out a way to spend the extra revenue on something frivolous. Anyone notice the CalTrans sheds mysteriously popping up on major CA interstates? What purpose do they serve on desolate freeways? Had to use or lose their budget I suppose.

Effing waste!

Point is, you drive a hybrid/electric and you get a tax credit. Last I saw, they use a road the same way a gas powered car does. Just uses less or no fuel. Why do they get a break and a consumer that can't justify owning a hybrid/electric car has to pay their share for road maintenance. Scandalous if you ask me.

Perfect way to run a government. Collect more spend 3 times more!

Future tollgates?

And the state will figure out a way to frivolously spend that too.

The opening of the eastern span of the Bay Bridge is coming up. Politicians want to have a 5 million dollar party to celebrate a "Made in China" bridge. To pay for this extravagance they now want to charge money to walk across the bridge. It was supposed to be free.

Bad enough we have to look at a bridge that politicians said could not be built in the states due to lack of technology. Hell they didn't even save the money they expected to. Could have been made in the USA an serve as something we could be proud of. Imagine the jobs it they could have created?

Crap, keep the soapbox away from me!

Sorry- Common Sense