Sign in to follow this  
rctid

Tii Gas Tank Question

4 posts / 561 viewsLast Reply

Quick question regarding fuel supply connections:

I have a tii tank in my car with a carb-style fuel sender unit. The car is running a single sidedraft with a stock fuel pump. the fuel supply is currently hooked up to the carb'd sender, and the tii supply line is plugged. I'm getting fuel leaking out of the plugged line, it seems like fuel is getting pushed up the pickup, especially when the tank is filled. What is the best way to hook everything up, is there any advantage to using the tii fuel pickup over the carb'd sender? Can I plug the carb'd sender and move the supply line to the tii pickup? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

post-18515-1366766970293_thumb.jpg

Could be that the stopper bolt and hose clamp on the large line isn't doing it's job anymore or that hose itself is leaking.

Remove the bolt/plug and cut the hose back about 1" or so then re-install the plug and another fresh hose clamp.

I see the original tii fuel return line is still connected. What is connected to the other end? Does your car still have the vapor recovery/expansion tank and line under the rear shelf? Your tank might not be venting properly.

Be careful not to lean on the top of the tank when any lines are open! Pressing down on the tank will make fuel squirt out the tii pickup.

7e21ad0d.jpg

3ed6a8bb.jpg

Is your car a tii that was converted to carbs? If so, keep the tank and fix the plugged hose per Jim's suggestion. If you have a tii tank in a non-tii chassis, sell it with the fuel pickup, get yourself a used stock carbed '02 tank, and put the $100 you made on the transaction back into the car.