Guest Anonymous

What 1600 wheels and bags or coil overs?

62 posts / 2795 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I have a white 1969 1600 and it has springs that lower it a little bit but no much Im wondering what you think and what is cheaper bags or coil overs? i like the easy hight adjustment of bags, but i hear they are unstable? Also what wheels do you guys like and should I widen my fenders?

photos please ...........

and bags are for Volvo Wagon load adjusters

NOT 02 's , coil overs are for RACER 's

Guest Anonymous

how do i attach image sorry haha I cant find it

Guest Anonymous

/Users/billmartin/Desktop/photo copy 3.JPG

Guest Anonymous

yea cant figure it out

Guest Anonymous

photocopy3_zps5ed93936.jpg

there you go got her yesterday

Guest Anonymous

i want it to have a nice semi low stance with as little work as possible

Guest Anonymous

I wanna go this low

245DBDCA-41E3-4983-A848-D00F6E9E8A55-413-00000003496D67D7_zpse656f8d5.jpg

Guest Anonymous

yes i would like around that height but am debating on bags for adjusting on the go.

There are probably too many purists on the board for a reasonable answer that you'd want to hear--my opinion would be to ditch the wing, chrome the bumpers and add back your Rocker trims--drive the car for a year, sort out any mechanical bits, and think about how unuseful a slammed unturnable lowrider would be. It may look cool on the Internet - but I think it kills the personality of the car. The wheels you have work OK but they are from a 320i and the positive offset is a little too low for an O2.

Congrats on the purchase.

and think about how unuseful a slammed unturnable lowrider would be. It may look cool on the Internet - but I think it kills the personality of the car.

I've driven "lowriders" as you call them, for about a decade now and I've never had any problems turning or driving them. With attention paid to offsets, tire sizes, and geometry, an aggressive wheel fitment and lowered ride height can still be achieved without harming drivability to the point of becoming "unuseful".

To the OP, here's an article that we put together to show what goes into bagging a BMW E28. Bagging a 2002 would be somewhat similar to this process, so it should give you an idea of what would be involved in your project. I hope this helps shed some light.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/07/how-to-bagging-a-bmw-with-the-air-lift-universal-crafter-pack/

Guest Anonymous

I see where both of you are coming from thanks for replying I just got the car 2 days ago and I do want to lose the wing. Also they guy who owned it owned a car shop and it runs great with original engine. does need a new clutch and the trans is going and im putting in a new one saturday. I'm only 17 i love the look of the 1600 I just want to have a modern twist on a classic I wanna keep the look with an ajustable ride hight. I want people to still be able to recognize it from when they where a kid. Thats why i think bags are nice, trust me im not going to change to much on the exterior. Except probably lose the wing and maybe chrome the bumper.