• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 2002ti Alpina Upgrades

mommyknows

Mark, Beach Auto was one of the original BMW dealers in Canada. Bought my first 02 from them in 1993. Slim and Arnold von Engelbrechten campaigned those cars. Rudy has the trunk lid from one of them on his 2002.

There are some pics on facebook under "Toronto BMW 2002 owners". Not sure if you can see them without joining, but you can try. It's the only place I know of where the cars are pictured.

"Kitten kaboodle" haha

Cool car!

To be clear this was imported as a stock 2002ti and all the engine work, interior bits and any AlpinA stuff was added around 1980 by an independent shop in Canada? This is not a Buchloe car but a nicely put together private example built to match Alpina-spec, correct?

Very fun to read about and looks like a nice ride all around. Thank you for posting this!

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Time to post up a price Kim.

Agreed. This has dragged on enough without a price.

My apologies, is there a time limit? I'm happy to take the listing down and re-post at a later date.

The car isn't ready yet. I just had an appraiser by yesterday. The car hasn't been driven much, so it's been driven, inspected, driven, inspected.

I'm not playing games ... I have 4 kids, work, i'm on the road a lot. Car is just not that important.

Let me know if I should take the post down.

Kim

Time to post up a price Kim.

Agreed. This has dragged on enough without a price.

My apologies, is there a time limit? I'm happy to take the listing down and re-post at a later date.

The car isn't ready yet. I just had an appraiser by yesterday. The car hasn't been driven much, so it's been driven, inspected, driven, inspected.

I'm not playing games ... I have 4 kids, work, i'm on the road a lot. Car is just not that important.

Let me know if I should take the post down.

Kim

Kim

Don't take it down but do tell people when you are going to price it. Or if you are taking offers. And if this is not imminent, lots of people would like to hear about this car, but the General section would be better than Cars for Sale.

Thanks

Kris

70 M2 2.5L 

No offense meant Kim. I am not a regular here but interested enough in your significant example to check in now and again. I think you will find a lot of people here find it important. That's the nature of car nuts! I enjoyed the website by the way and passed it along to a few folks. Priorites seem in order. however most FS ads do eventually include a price. Best, Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Why wouldn't you offer the car here? Lots of people have the means to buy the car and some of us stop by this board on occasion. I have sold most of my cars privately by word of mouth, but I have sold one or two through this site. Might need to list it several places but given the interest here why not?

Why wouldn't you offer the car here? Lots of people have the means to buy the car and some of us stop by this board on occasion. I have sold most of my cars privately by word of mouth, but I have sold one or two through this site. Might need to list it several places but given the interest here why not?

Lets see.....1) It is being advertised here last I checked unless this post has been deleted before I hit submit; 2) Anyone with real interest has her contact info whether she deleted it from here or not; 3) While I only personally know the sum total of about two people personally that frequent this site, I am certain you are correct that many can afford the $36,951 it will take to purchase the car (just made up that number....but it could be it....); 4) I am sure that you and others have had good luck selling cars and parts from this site - congrats (personally I have been f*cked several times buying/selling here....so I just don't or wouldn't); 5) Your right why not. Those that can afford the $40,087.12 price tag will step up and pay the piper (made that number up as well).....

www.alpinabmw2002 faq.com

Well, I believe I reacted to your comment of "and maybe not here" and my comment was why not? I'll also take exception to your offense at people asking for a price. It is a rational expectation for cars listed in the FS section. There are good number of seasoned enthusiasts who stop by this site and I believe it is always good to see significant cars offered at the sites where the people congregate that love those particular cars. Sometimes it concludes in a sale and sometimes it is just courtesy to the other enthusiasts. I'll give you an analog. My former E28 Alpina B9 sold through a contact on mye28.com. I listed two different E30 M3's on s14.net. One sold through there, one through the roundel. All three were exceptional and on the very high end of price for those models. Even if they had not led to a sale, I would have listed those cars on those sites out of courtesy to the enthusiasts who frequent them. To me, unique examples of the marque are far more than just financial transactions, and I want them in the right hands. That's my opinion and no one says you have to agree. Many of us have spent far in excess of the numbers you throw out on restorations and purchases. There are national concours winners and national people's choice winners represented on this board. One thing about car boards. They attract lots of different folks, some well heeled, some not, all enthusiasts. that's what I like about them. As someone who has owned a few Alpina cars, I have enjoyed your web page. Good luck with your project. Perhaps we can just agree that this car has the possibility of being an interesting and exceptional example.