• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 2002ti Alpina Upgrades

mommyknows

Ground up restoration with many upgrades.

Excellent condition. Just two owners.

See all details here: (including images)

Mileage 1275

**Edit3 --> Photos added to Flickr set of car new in 1969, racing in early 70's and pre-restoration and Alpina modifications.

Almost ready for sale :)

**Edit2 --> In 1999 the original owner provided this information.

Engine: 2 liter 4 cyl

- High compression pistons 10.5-1

- High performance competition camshaft (alpina)

- High output electrical fuel pump

- Stul headers

- 40 mm Weber carbs

- Engine polished and cc for volumes

- Pistons, rods lightened and balanced

- Porsche mechanical advance distributor

Steering:

- Close ration steering gear box (alpina)

- Competition front brakes and calipers (alpina)

- Competition springs and shocks

- Lowered suspension (alpina)

Transmission:

- Competition getrag close ratio 5 speed (alpina)

Differential:

- Limited Slip Differential

Interior:

- Front seats Recaro, Recaro supplied rear seat cover to match.

- All interior panels new in 1981

Wheels:

- Alpina 13x7x100mm

Steering wheel is Motolita (Italian)

3 year ground up restoration that was completed in 1981

**Edit --> so I've taken a bunch more photos, and have added them to flickr (use link above). I didn't get all the car shots you wanted because, well the car isn't all shined up yet.

Please also remember it hasn't been vacuumed, washed or polished since 1995!

It is being tuned, lines flushed and all new fluids. I've also ordered new tires.

It is running!

There is a tiny bit of rust on bottom of doors and a few other spots here and there. I've photographed them ALL.

NO holes anywhere. Interior is like new, but as many of you have pointed out not original. I personally think the changes are 'upgrades' but I suppose that is personal taste.

Paint peeling a wee bit in spots, no rust in those spots though. I've photographed them all.

I haven't yet decided on a price.

Thank you!

From what little I can see in the photos it looks nice, any chance of some photos of the car , the engine etc etc , is it for sale ? no price or contact information :)

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Car is for sale. I'm having it transported to BMW for a service and detailing and new tires.

I'll provide engine photos etc. later this week.

Price is still up in the air.

I was actually hoping to have you guys help me out with that. IF it is in perfect running condition and has just one 12 mm dent on back pass bumper (see pics) and interior is perfect. What do you think it is worth?

I inherited this car and need help.

My email is: kim@mommyknows.com

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your comment. I thought the pics revealed a lot with all of the documents etc.

What kind of photos should I take? I plan to take some video of the car running, but it has been sitting in storage and I wanted to have the old fuel flushed, before starting.

I inherited this car and joined the group to get help and advice so thank you.

I have sold a bunch of cars on ebay, personally I walk around the car & take photos as I am standing ; drivers side profile,front 3/4, front, pass 3/4 , pass side profile, rear 3/4, rear , then drivers rear 3/4 . then under hood, in trunk & interior , front seats, rear seats & dash , basically a car tour in 12 photos .

I hope that helps, nice car BTW.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your comment. I thought the pics revealed a lot with all of the documents etc.

What kind of photos should I take? I plan to take some video of the car running, but it has been sitting in storage and I wanted to have the old fuel flushed, before starting.

I inherited this car and joined the group to get help and advice so thank you.

The photos were good close-up photos to follow a series of photos of the entire car. Only one document photographed is worth keeping: the summary of its restoration history. The generic listing for a 2002, showing 100 hp, is not helpful. The 100,000 kilometer plaque photo is probably not helpful, although many buyers might worry whether it can be removed without damaging the dashboard. The front seats, although expensive Recaros, stand out as very un-original in a car that is otherwise very original in appearance.

So, the photos should reveal the whole car: exterior, interior, engine compartment, and trunk. Any problem areas -- a dent here, a rust spot there -- should have a photo. People love photos of undersides that show either rust or the absence of rust. But anyone buying this car really needs to see this in person, or have an agent perform a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI). Why? Because if this car is, indeed, what it appears to be -- a factory 1969 2002 ti with upgrades from Alpina -- it's a rare and valuable car. By the way, a "tii," as this is advertised, is perhaps a faster, more powerful car than a "ti," but a ti is much rarer and more "sporty," with its dual sidedraft carburetors. The metal VIN plate under the hood should clarify if this is truly a ti: the difference between a tii and ti is important and should not be left ambiguous.

Good luck with your sale!

Steve

Edit: A photo of the metal VIN plate (likely under the hood, on the right inner fender, just aft of the strut tower) and a photo of the engine number (stamped into a flat, horizontal boss cast into the top of the back of the engine, just above the starter motor) would be very valuable. A collector or buyer would want to see whether the engine number is the same as the VIN, 1682407, verifying the car has its original engine.

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)