Sign in to follow this  
ejm213

Looking to buy a SF 2002

5 posts / 1170 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I just moved to San Francisco after a long time being carless in NYC. Now that I have room for a project car, I'd really like to bite into a 2002.

My budget is about $4500, maybe $5000. I'm looking for a daily driver project, straight and low rust, preferably a roundie, and preferably a blue (though I can always repaint). Nothing too tricked out -- I'd prefer something that's close to stock so I can make the upgrades as I like.

Any of you know of any cars for sale that are along these lines? (I haven't seen many blue 02s on the SF craigslist or ebay lately).

I've checked this one at Beyond2 (http://beyond2.com/mikes-blue-plate-special-1969-bmw-2002-all-original-un-molested-true-survivor/) as it's almost what I'm looking for (I love the rare-ish color and the early design), but it's a little out of my price range. Or, has anyone here dealt with Beyond2, and would the "dealer" experience make it worth extending my budget?

Thanks, and can't wait to join the "club"!

Eric

With that kind of budget you probably get a nice daily driver..you just have to be patient. Took me a few months to get mine.

There was a nice 69 chamonix w/ blk plates on CL a couple on months ago.

As far as beyond02..bought parts from them before, they know 02's well. When you buy from a dealer, you always pay premium but that 02 seems to be in great shape and sorted out.

Good luck in your search.

Call me. I know of one in orinda that is blue and for sale. Scott Wilmot 925.285.5555

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.