Guest Anonymous

1974 2002tii

16 posts / 938 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Well I bought this 2002tii sometime in Bay area and I have not done a thing to it. It runs and drives great and interior is in good shape. Paint and body still good but last respray in the original color took some over sprays. I have not driven the car much in the last few years and want to take it for a oil change and replace the alternator belt. Then I will put it up for sale. Car runs perfect otherwise. Just drove it to san jose and back. Has front spoiler and those rare factory option alloys. I will have to have $6700 no less if anyone wanted to buy it. I just need recommendation to get oil change and alternator belt at this point in the bay area.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry not for sale yet. Just wanted to know where in Bay area can I take the car to get oil changed and the belt replaced. I just mentioned the sale because that is my eventual intention just not now and that is why I didn't post any info other than the fact that it is a 74tii.

Amazing how everyone is worried about the sale part but no one is eager to help about recommending a mechanic shop in the bay area.

there are hardly any 2002's running Calif any more

and the few that run - the owners change their own oil and belts,

takes just 20 minutes.

Really easy to do yourself.

Or any mechanic/service station can do the job. Nothing tii or even BMW specific involved with belt & oil change.

Hi Resra,

Whereabouts are you in the Bay Area? There are lots of fine shops, and since this sounds like a relatively small job, you might as well do it close to home.

When you're ready, we'd all love to see your car. :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the advise but just not the best physical shape to do these simple things or would do it in 20 mins. Thanks for the links to find the right shop.

Hello Resra--

First of all, I assume you mean the San Francisco Bay Area: some other bays around the US may locally use our name from time to time.

Take a look at the BayArea02 forum to see posts from our area. Then see [www.bayarea02.com], showing our historic website (hosted by Steve Kupper/FAQ). While it still shows our December rally, it will update soon with details about our 18 May Swap & Show at the Brisbane Marina. If you click on the Tools page you will find a number of local shops that know 2002's (this is a little old, but many are still there or only moved a bit).

Larry

Well, the k-fisch and battery tray make it a bit hard to reach the filter from the top...

GL,

Really easy to do yourself.

Or any mechanic/service station can do the job. Nothing tii or even BMW specific involved with belt & oil change.