• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: E21 STEEL WHEEL RIMS SET OF FIVE (5) 5.5JX13H2

Miked2002

Please see my ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290869587532?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Rims have been beautifully restored. Stripped and cleaned then powder coated to ensure that they look good for years to come.

These are still in their plastic wrap. The wrap was just moved over to take the photos. No curb rash and not dented. These are very nice rims.

Four of the rims are in perfect shape. One has a couple of very slight scratches that you can see in one of the photos.

Buyer pays shipping. Will ship USPS Mail unless buyer requests and pays for other service. Local pick up in the Los Angeles / Orange County areas avoids shipping costs.

There are more photos on the eBay listing.

Regards,

post-17123-1366766957994_thumb.jpg

post-17123-13667669587398_thumb.jpg

post-17123-13667669593082_thumb.jpg

post-17123-13667669600731_thumb.jpg

Mike

73 tii #2764014

I don't believe it affects their value, and they will generally work on a 2002 (depending on tire size), but these are technically not 2002 rims; they're e21 (320i) rims: 5 1/2x13, ET18. The very earliest examples of these rims were, admittedly, standard equipment on the factory 2002 turbo. But the combination of 5 1/2", ET18, rims and 185/70 rubber required the turbo's factory flares (to satisfy BMW's standards for tire clearance).

An example of this rim dated prior to May '75, when production of the European e21 commenced, is probably a bona fide 2002 turbo rim. An example here in the U.S. dated from May '75 through mid-'76 is likely to have been delivered on a European e21 and have "wandered" over here subsequently. But 99% of these rims found here date from mid-'76, when production of the U.S. 320i began, through the early '80s. I may see an '81 date in one of your photos.

The square taillight styled steel rims (for all U.S. square taillight cars) -- they have the same appearance -- are 5x13, ET29.

The heading of the eBay listing refers to them as 5", but the internal description refers to them as 5 1/2", and the photos show them to be 5 1/2".

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi Steve

Thank you very much for your post. You are correct. I have a set on my 02 that looks exactly like these but they are 5x13 and date stamped 76. I did look at a close up of one of the photos and they are date stamped 81.

When I purchased these years ago, they were represented to me as the exact same rims. My mistake was taking the word of the seller. I restored them never noticing that they are e21 spec.

I will pull my auction as I don't want to mislead anyone. I'll repost them with the correct info and for e21.

Regards,

Mike

73 tii #2764014

Hi Steve

Thank you very much for your post. You are correct. I have a set on my 02 that looks exactly like these but they are 5x13 and date stamped 76. I did look at a close up of one of the photos and they are date stamped 81.

When I purchased these years ago, they were represented to me as the exact same rims. My mistake was taking the word of the seller. I restored them never noticing that they are e21 spec.

I will pull my auction as I don't want to mislead anyone. I'll repost them with the correct info and for e21.

Regards,

Mike,

Thanks. But with all of that said, the 5 1/2x13s are regularly run on 2002s, look cool -- because of that extra 1/2" depth -- and are probably of the same value as the 5x13s.

Good luck with your sale.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)