pottsthomas

no console look

7 posts / 1073 viewsLast Reply

While fixing my linkage problems, I've come to love the no console look. I have an oil pressure gauge in the ashtray location of my A/C Behr console. If I get rid of it, (I don't need a radio) what are my options for the gauge and the 4 way button?

I took out my lighter, slightly opened up the hole and put the 4 way in beside the gauges. Realize that it is totally not stock (and the lettering does not match) but as I don't use the lighter and it held the 4 way without a console, wiring is sufficient length to not pull it too tight, etc ........... By the way my light is out in it so it does not distract during driving at night.

I am running red LEDs for all of the instrument lighting with a pulse width modulator to dim them, would have probably have worked even if the light still worked.

Do like the clean look without a console.

If the other gauge is 2 1/6 there are some additional clusters that hold them on the dash like the 3 gauge unit from IE

Dennis

Thanks for the tip.  I think the 3 gauge is the way to go for me.  I'll get a new clock (old one doesn't work)  and one other gauge to fill it out.

I use the lighter for power so I think I'll leave that.  I'll find some other spot for 4 ways.

i'm probably also going for the no console look but i'm going to keep the radio just hang it off the bottom of the dash. I saw the look on some friends Porsches and i love it.

That is a good look. That is how my type III VW was in high school.

Mine stops at the base of the Clardy. I have an OEM round leather shift boot (Rogers Tii) and new black carpet from Esty

I think I finnaly figured out why new decks come with remotes, I will consider mounting my deck in glove box and buy contacts so I can see what buttons do on said remote, had me stumped for awhile there...............................