Sign in to follow this  
PA2002

75 For Sale

13 posts / 787 viewsLast Reply

I'm looking at a 75 in pristine shape. No rust in the normal places, all original documentation, it's sienna brown. Current owner has had car for over 25 years. It's a 4 speed, interior and headliner re done, all gauges work etc, no sun roof though. looking for some guidance on pricing. I was thinking of offering 7k to 7500. Seller asking around 9k. Any advice you may have would be appreciated. This would be my first time purchasing a 2002.

post-23442-13667669447014_thumb.jpg

post-23442-13667669458582_thumb.jpg

post-23442-13667669459475_thumb.jpg

Looks very clean. Under carriage and engine bay pics would be helpful. Not sure I'd pay $9k for it...If the engine bay is clean and tranny shifting smoothly, and brakes all work, your $7k sounds reasonable. If the engine bay is squeaky clean/newish lkg maybe $9k. You have more pics?

btw, the front orange side reflectors appear to be on backwards.

Scott

I have a few other pictures. I don't have any of the engine bay though. I crawled under the car and checked it out, no rust that I saw. The rear shock towers look great and the spare tire area is perfect. The car did have a re spray about 10 years ago. The car was a California car it's entire life until the owner moved to the East coast outside of Philadelphia about 10 years ago. Since then it has been garaged and driven sparingly. The car still has the 1975 emissions equipment on it and the solex carburetor.

Looks like a nice car--I'd buy it, I even like the color.

If you are serious about it, pay for a Pre purchase inspection at a shop of your choice, http://www.bimrs.org/ and have the peace of mind of knowing what you are buying before writing the big check. If it runs, stops, drives, handles, and has a body that needs no rust repair or paintwork, go for it. Double check all the rubber bits as total replacements can add up quick. Find an interesting set of period correct wheels and this car will look like a million euros. You can't restore a lesser car for this money.

Please report your progress.

Ben

I will let you all know how I make out Thank you for everyone's input thus far.

Take Care

- Doug,

The odometer shows about 19kmiles. It has no doubt turned over once. Conservatively it has 120k miles on it, but I guess it could have 220k on it. I don't believe it was driven much, but 120k miles over 37 years is around 3300 miles a year, which seems too low.

I think it could have 120k on it. 3,300/year average, is conseavable for one of these cars. (that's probably what mine averages) Maybe it was broken for a few thousand... a visual of the engine bay and under carriage would help with that answer.

Scott

Judging by your screen name you're in PA somewhere. Is this car in Pittsburgh by chance? If it is, contact DavePA on the board. He may have looked at it once upon a time.

for $7 - 9K i'd want a COMPRESSION TEST READINGS,

ROAD TEST UP ON THE HIGHWAY,

INSPECT FOR ANY ABNORMAL EXHAUST SMOKING

ALONG WITH ANY ABNORMAL NOISES, FUNCTIONING

OF BRAKES/STERING/SUSPENSION/ELECTRICALS

before spending your money

it's up to you to do a little more homewerk

and sniffing

how do you feel about the color ?