ray_

Targa M2 on ebay

15 posts / 815 viewsLast Reply

Some people will never get it. It really is a shame what they did to that otherwise a rare and beautiful 2002. I am vomiting right now.

Guest Anonymous
Some people will never get it. It really is a shame what they did to that otherwise a rare and beautiful 2002. I am vomiting right now.

Al,

Having already viewed the ads for the sellers other M2 and Turbo I thought you might have been over reacting... Then I clicked the link and threw up a bit, you were right.

Those pictures are also very clearly from europe and not Michigan as the seller lists his location.

Al,

Having already viewed the ads for the sellers other M2 and Turbo I thought you might have been over reacting... Then I clicked the link and threw up a bit, you were right.

Agreed....don't like it at all. It just lacks taste.

This looks fishy. 0 feedback seller with four listings: Two M2s, one Turbo, and a 76 inka:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/2008-2009f1/m.html?hash=item257b0a3c88&item=160978058376&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

If this isn't a scam, that is one heck of an 'estate sale.'

The '76 Inka was on Ebay Apr '12; Seller was a Dealer? in Irvine, CA. This new Seller used the same pics as the Apr '12 auction.

However, it is "An all original 1972 BMW 2002 TARGA with less than

43,800 miles." Well, not really.

I believe I have seen photos of this car in the past couple of years, can't remember where.

However, it is "An all original 1972 BMW 2002 TARGA with less than

43,800 miles." Well, not really.

I believe I have seen photos of this car in the past couple of years, can't remember where.

Found it!!

It was on Ebay Jan '12 - Seller was d_csl and it had a buy it now of $50k.

Some of the pics in this new auction are from the earlier auction. The VIN posted relates to a Touring tii that d_csl also ebayed a while back.

The Targa was actually in Germany in Jan '12 and $50k did not include shipping!

Les, you are right as rain. Anyone that purchases one of these without

viewing is asking for the nightmare of his life. I know from experience. I have been involved with him.

Wonder where they will turn up next Ray.

I'll be watching!!!

And we all benefit from that, 02Les! Thank you!

We WANT you on that wall! We NEED you on that wall!*

Your expertise and vigilance are much appreciated. :)

Tom

*to paraphrase Col. Jessep in "A Few Good Men". Brilliant scene.