John_in_VA

Slow forum = double posts, too often...

10 posts / 583 viewsLast Reply

If you're smart enough to post here, can you take a second and delete your double-posts, please? This is becoming all too frequent lately. At least this forum allows you to completely delete your post, if no one has responded to it.

Thanks for your time & attention!

Guest Anonymous

How do we prevent double posts?

glad it's not my home poluter w/ Windows 98 2v !!!

does it on my ' company ' werk poluter also

and that's hooked up to the fatherland ship

This happens to me sometimes when trying to post....

Windows 7 newish laptop with Google Chrome browser and brand new Wireless router:

"Gateway time out". I hit the back button, then submit, then there are (2) posts. Delete 2nd post.

I have found with a similar setup, that even though it says "gateway timeout" it really did already post. I always double check, but it has so far.

I mostly use my phone (android now but used to be an iPhone) so between that, variable data speeds and the slow site I have become used to checking back to see if I have posted more than once.

The knowledge and entertainment that I get from the site more than makes up for that.

I have found with a similar setup, that even though it says "gateway timeout" it really did already post. I always double check, but it has so far.

+1

Steve

I found that refreshing the page also eliminates those pesky pop-ups that sometimes appear on the site. Closing the pop-up triggers Norton warnings, but refresh does not.