Sign in to follow this  
Jace

Post Reply link like New Topic link at bottom of page?

1 post / 1216 viewsLast Reply

hey steve

if i am reading a thread and wanting to post a reply, i find myself occasionally clicking 'New Topic' underneath the last post. I think having a 'New Topic' link at the bottom of the page is unnecessary because if i personally want to start a thread then i'd be doing it from the top of the page anyway.

The vast majority of other forums have a Post Reply link at the bottom of the page, which i think is much simpler than having a 'reply' link in each post and i'm guessing easier to code/less intensive of each post's bandwith on the server.

Also, quick reply text boxes to input a reply without loading another page are great. I think they would work well on this forum given that post customization is rare, as with video embedding.

One other thing. I think having every second topic lined with shading to separate each line would make for a cleaner and clearer viewing of the forum. See how iTunes songs are separated in the classic view to see what i mean.

Just my 2¢, i figure now is the time to give it with pending updates.

- Jace