pminasi

Nose Pics Wanted and project!!!

1 post / 429 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have some good pics of a clean front "nose". (1974) Here is the full story.

A couple of months ago, I came back from a trip to find a note on my car. At first, I thought it was the usual "if you are thinking of selling, give me a call" that often gets posted on our cars! Sadly, and luckily, it was a note from the nice lady who "bumped" the back corner of my car.

Several phone calls and months later, the car is finally getting repaired. For some time, I had been thinking of getting the car repainted, bits of primer were showing through the amazon green paint, and while it polished up real nice, every wax coat took more paint off, and the paint was just tired. So I decided to take the plunge and have the car completely repainted at the same time as the repair (and of course get everything straightened up).

And the project is now underway. I will post pics as the process continues! There was a little denting around the top of the twin kidney grille, so my nose wasn't "pointing" as 02's so wonderfully do. The body shop I am using is very meticulous, and I have promised them some clear pics of the nose so they can get that part correct. So if anyone has any, or has a real good example please send them over! The ones I could find online were a bit too far away to see the "crease" the nose has.

Also, they are removing all of the glass and I will be replacing the seals and other rubber on the car as well as a few dinged trim pieces. Any advice on what to replace while the car is being worked on.

Looking forward to this running for another 40 years!

P

post-21759-13667669279872_thumb.jpg

post-21759-13667669280761_thumb.jpg

post-21759-136676692819_thumb.jpg