nbristow01

There is a tree in my car

19 posts / 2285 viewsLast Reply

A ten foot tall Japanese Maple!! The doubters at the store know little of the 02 and its many tales!

post-17424-13667669154655_thumb.jpg

Personal experience:

1. Six guardrail posts (6x6", about five feet long, weighed about 80 lbs each)--hung out the back about two feet each--car rode level.

2. a 10 x 11 foot broadloom carpet, folded up, trunk closed.

3. Four fenders, the hood, two running boards, a wheel, two headlight buckets and four cowl panels for my Fiat Topolino, trunk closed on 'em. Off to the sandblaster

And on a roof rack (not at the same time!):

1. a five foot tall antique pie safe

2. a solid maple, 5 drawer file cabinet--drawers in the trunk & back seat

People don't belive how big the trunk is 'till they see it!

mike

awesome! i'm constantly picking up 8-10 foot lengths of pvc or wood to make something or other for my stop motion film. i feed them in through the sun roof, into the back seat, then lightly close the sun roof to keep what ever it is from blowing around. i'd suspect all the people at the ace hardware would think i am weird, except that i've already told them what i'm doing with this stuff...

In 1976 I moved from Florida to San Diego with my 1973 2002 with 22K orig miles. Before I loaded up the car I purchased two air shocks from my local wrecking yard, and had my neighbor who was a machinist make metal bushings to fit around the threaded stud at the top of the shocks and also made them fit the inside of the rubber bushings at the top of the rear shock towers.

I completely loaded the car with two people's total life's belongings (my girlfriend and myself) T.V. set, small appliances, floor jack, tools, clothes, spare 02 parts, etc. The trunk was full to the top, as was the rear seat up to the headliner, I pumped up the shocks to get "normal" ride height and 2400 miles later I removed the air shocks and replaced them with the originals. I still have the air shocks to this day.

Today I could fill half a commercial moving van with all the stuff I've accumulated over the years, and I still have some of those parts that I've carted around the country since then.

The beach house came with a fish when we bought it. It really wasn't our taste and I was going to give it to a friend back home... but alas, I needed a Touring model.

The fish did fit, but the car wasn't driveable with the sail of the fish in my face. Certainly the most unusual thing I've tried to put in the tii.

post-17424-13667669179732_thumb.jpg

The beach house came with a fish when we bought it. It really wasn't our taste and I was going to give it to a friend back home... but alas, I needed a Touring model.

The fish did fit, but the car wasn't driveable with the sail of the fish in my face. Certainly the most unusual thing I've tried to put in the tii.

post-17424-13667669181232_thumb.jpg

A ten foot tall Japanese Maple!! The doubters at the store know little of the 02 and its many tales!

Which wheels are those??

Which wheels are those??

They are Beyern Mesh, 15x7 et25 or so. You can order them through Discount Tires and get free installation if you buy tires as well

Which wheels are those??

They are Beyern Mesh, 15x7 et25 or so. You can order them through Discount Tires and get free installation if you buy tires as well

Awesome, I thought that was them. I've been thinking about getting them, they look great on your car.

I had four tires standing up in the trunk(two with rims in them), two were 235/75r15`s. The other two were a bit smaller. We couldn`t close the trunk, but drove the ~8 miles to the tire shop like that, plus the return trip. Got some funny looks(funnier than I normally get, driving a bashed in `02).

I also bought some sand bags for winter earlier this year. I was told they were 40lb bags, so I said to get four. I figured it was easier to take some out later than to go buy more. I get out there and back the car up, turns out they were 70lb bags! I was in a hurry, my lunch break running out, so I just loaded them and went on my way. I drove it like that for a day, 280lbs in my trunk, plus a couple other things. It didn`t do bad, but it turns out my `02 is good in snow. I ended up giving them all to a friend with a mustang. She needs them.

Front windshield from BMW dealership in back seat. Drove from Alexandria to Bill Williams' house near Columbia, MD for installation.

c6fe24ab.jpg

In my DD Honda Coupe, I've managed to fit the front nose from a '71 2002 in the passenger seat (reclined)

IMG_6975.jpg

and (2) Recaro LX cloth seats in the back seat area. Another time had a rear subframe and trailing arms in the trunk.

IMG_8301.jpg

Had a complete air-cooled VW engine (no fan shroud) in the trunk of my '92 Accord.

Have to be creative without a pickup truck or SUV.