dogmuddybuddy

WHO HAS KIDS? SEAT BELT SETUP REAR for BOOSTER SEATS

4 posts / 741 viewsLast Reply

I have two kids: 3 and 6 and they do not fit in the rear seats and need the harness belt up grade. My 71 1600 had one center belt from factory I bolted in a cheap auto part store so their (2) car seats are secured from the back of the car seat and they buckle in with a 4 point harness in car seat.

Now they are too big and require booster seat with shoulder harness.

WHAT UPGRADES HAVE PEOPLE DONE? I NEED TWO SHOULDER HARNESS AND DO NOT MIND DRILLING A HOLE IF NECESSARY. I HAVE HEARD PEOPLE USE 320 FRONT SEAT KITS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

For seat belts I would talk to the expert on the board (blue devil?). I've heard he does a great job.

For the seat, look At a britax. I used that with my oldest and it was great with the stock buckle on my 72.

Best of. Luck! It's great to get the 02 out with the kids in it. Mine love it!

Hope you faired well in the storm.

Dave

I have 3 kids -- 2 needing boosters. I just finished a rear 3pt seat belt conversion. Check my thread a few threads down.