HBChris

BLUMAX - Murray Fowler

18 posts / 1965 viewsLast Reply

Many of you knew Murray, he owned the highest mileage e9 coupe and was a regular attendee at Monterey, Cars and Coffee and the SoCaVintage events. He passed away this morning peacefully at home with his wife and son at his side. He was diagnosed with lung cancer about 18 months ago. Rest in Peace my good friend.

What a great guy and true enthusiast Murray was. Sad to see this.

Had the pleasure of parking next to Mr. Murray last year at a car show. RIP

DSC_3298.jpg

Im sure most have seen this but this is what I want to be when I grow up

I had the pleasure of meeting Murray in the summer of 2010 in Costa Mesa. I just happened to be riding my cruiser, my daughter on hers, from 18th Street down to 32 Street in Newport. His garage was open, I saw all three of his cars and stopped for one of the nest chats I had in some time. I went back to visit him a number of times thereafter. He was really a great guy, loved his wife, loved his BLUMAX and he loved the Lord - God bless you and your family Murray.

I met Murray at the only Cars & Coffee I have attended, he was tending an e9 ,trying to sell it for the owner, we spoke for ages, what a nice gent I thought at the time. He told me of Blumax but I never saw it.

Rest in Peace in Blue Road Heaven Murray.

Thanks Chris for passing on the news about Murray, I've known Murray for years. I was at his house last year in Costa Mesa buying parts for my E3 and we talked for an hour it seemed about old school BMWs. He was an icon in the So Cal old school BMW community. He will be missed.

RIP Murray,

http://www.bmwcca.org/node/5230

http://autos.aol.com/article/high-mileage-bmw/

G-Man

Also had the pleasure of parking next to him... So happy that he was with Familey when he passed. My fear of dying is not when but how... He was a good soul!

RIP Murray. I didn't know him personally, but I knew of him and his great passion and enthusiasm for old Bimmers.

Tom

Jackie and I were really sad to hear the news. He was a real Gentleman and a great pleasure to have met. God Bless Him and his family.

Long Live the Blue Max....

Rey

Rest in peace, Mr. Fowler. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I have read about and admired Blumax for a while.