SA2002Guy

Right Hand Side Lights Stopped Working

5 posts / 399 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys.

It's been a while since my last post here, but the good news is that a lot of that time has been spent on working on the car. Nothing *major* just small bits n bobs here and there, making the car neater and nicer, etc. etc.

Today I realized that only one of my rear number plate lights was working, so I figured I'd open both of them up and clean the contacts clean the lenses (one of which turns out to be broken in half), etc. Problem is that while doing that, all of a sudden the right hand side lights of the car stopped working. The lights were on dim, and the front right headlight and rear right tail light stopped working. Then I put the lights on full (not brights) and the headlight works but the rear right tail light doesn't. Hmmmm.

Any suggestions. I'm guessing it would be earthing, but I have no idea which earthing point/contact I might have disrupted.

I'd really appreciate any help if you can offer it.

Thanks

Oliver

Earthing. I bet while you were in there, you bumped something and it went from a bad but working ground to full blown bad ground.

Also get that cover fixed or you are going to be in there cleaning out the moisture out of there all the time.

Dave

Also verify that you did not blow a couple of the fuses in the course of working on the lights.

Bob Napier

Awesome. Thanks guys!

I'll be having a look at the issue just now. I've pulled the light housings off and cleaned them out. Now to reassemble and find the issue. I'll check the fuses as well!!

Thanks

Oliver

Just a quick update. As Mr Napier so properly pointed out, it was indeed the fuse. All sorted. Now all I need is two new light housings, but I'll have to start saving up first :P

Thanks for the help.