Dirka

blown piston?

6 posts / 449 viewsLast Reply

Hey fellow members? I was wondering if i blown a piston. When i accelerate, my engine makes this loud banging nose but doesn't make this particular nose when its idling or slight nose, but dramatic change when i accelerate. Has this happen to someone else?

keep on driving until it stops

then after the autopsy we can tell you what the cause was

Main Bearing failure, time to go to picnpull and start over. Heres my story, Stockton to Sacramento midnight run, started out as a slight bang on acceleration, by the time I got home it was like the garbage man was bangin out the dents in a metal can with a 20 lb sledge, ouch ow and owee, give in to mission creap and your C

Card will vaporize, swap a block and you might get lucky, I did, the German forge is a mighty tool

Could be rod bearings of loose flywheel bolts. Had that sound once and it was flywheel bolts that were streched. Either way you need to pull the motor and check it out. G

ya that was my guess on the rod bearings, either way i need to rebuilding my M10 regardless. Ill let you know when i pull the engine.