NullZwei

Headliner installation cost

5 posts / 570 viewsLast Reply

I really don't want to attempt this job myself so I will be having a shop do the work. If anyone has had a headliner installed recently, what's the going rate these days for just the labor to do the job? I will be providing the installer with a new BMW headiliner. I know prices probably vary somewhat from one part of the country to another but I'm just trying to get a feel for an average cost to compare that with local prices. Thanks for your input.

sunroof vs non sunroof will greatly change the cost.. i think I sent you non sunroof?? I think I could do a good job on a non sunroof in 2 hours. Not sure what labor rates are there but a couple hours??

sunroof vs non sunroof will greatly change the cost.. i think I sent you non sunroof?? I think I could do a good job on a non sunroof in 2 hours. Not sure what labor rates are there but a couple hours??

Does that 2 hours include removing and replacing the front & rear glass? So maybe 4 hours?

Scott

Good catch Steve. It is a non-sunroof car, FWIW and windshield and rear window are out of car presently.

FWIW and windshield and rear window are out of car presently.

yes, that's worth an hour or two. ~ 2 hours to install the headliner sounds right. I did mine last summer w/ the help of a shop. Non sunroof, glass already out. Shop rate was $65/hour.

Scott