brbrian73

Hood foam replacement - Before and After Pics

20 posts / 2237 viewsLast Reply

I recently replaced the hood foam on my '73 and thought that I would post a few pictures. After reading FAQ posts on the process of removing the old, deteriorated foam, I spent quite a bit of time scraping away using Contractor's Solvent. It worked quite well and eventually the underside of the hood was clean and adhesive free. I strongly considered going with Woody's kit that basically covers the entire underside of the hood. That set looks great and people seem happy with them. Ultimately I decided to go with an OEM kit to maintain originality. The positioning of the OEM pads is a frequently discussed subject on this board, and it helped me line them up "correctly." I am very happy with the outcome. Thanks to everyone on this board for posting their experiences and providing valuable input. It makes all the difference when taking on a new project.

Brian

Before:

P1170947_zpsfb748d4b.jpg

During:

P1190439_zps695f14ba.jpg

After:

P1190455_zpsa8762eb9.jpg

P1190445_zps81251bfd.jpg

What shop do you work at? Looks nice.

Is there any reason to not have the center pad go the whole length?

I think I see Ziebart plugs :-)

May I ask what that non-stock looking hole near the cowl is?

Cheers,

is there a matching one on the pass side? if so, do you know the history of the car? that would be a place where hood pins could have been mounted.

Seems bigger than what I recall Ziebart using. My tii was Ziebarted, for better or worse...

Cheers,

May be a missing yellow plug for the Ziebart treatment.

Editor's note: If you don't have a valve cover oil filler cap you can just reach over and borrow the radiator cap :-)

Bob Napier