Thom

Does anyone know what brand of wheels these are?

13 posts / 1238 viewsLast Reply

The "GB" on the rim makes me think Great Britain, and the 100+ & Minilite brands were made there, but I'm sure someone knows for certain.

The "GB" on the rim makes me think Great Britain, and the 100+ & Minilite brands were made there

Agreed, but they're clearly marked "Made in Italy," so they're some sort of Minilite knock-offs?

One of the photos show a cast-in date stamp. What is the production date (March '78?)? I can't tell what portions of the date's "fuzziness" are due to repainting, photography, or just plain bad casting. There is at least one other marking on the face that I can't read in the photos. What does that say -- It could well be the manufacturer's mark? Are there any other cast-in markings -- beyond size, date, GB..., and the mark I referenced in the prior sentence?

Steve

They were sold in this area by Richard Gordon owner of IPD. I have three of them. One was broken @ Sears Point. There will be a gathering of local 02 owners this coming Wednesday at the Lucky Lab. Come join us and say howdy. G

I think GB is the manufacturer.

They used to sell Minilights for minis and Spridgets.

Here is an image thread of GB wheels.

You nailed it! I'm certainly convinced.

Steve

They are Minilite "knockoffs" but from an Italian company Mario Mazzuconi - "MM". I bought a set last year on ebay with the papers. The GB 0.06 is the design number. They sold the same style in 5 lug as well for E12s and E23s also with the GB 0.06 number.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Thank you to everyone for all of your help. I really wasn't sure what these things were.

They were sold in this area by Richard Gordon owner of IPD. I have three of them. One was broken @ Sears Point. There will be a gathering of local 02 owners this coming Wednesday at the Lucky Lab. Come join us and say howdy. G

Thanks for the invite. Where is the Lucky Lab that you are meeting and at what time?

6 PM on SE Hawthorne. I remember the model as being "Laguna" G

6 PM on SE Hawthorne. I remember the model as being "Laguna" G

Thanks. I will see you there!