autobon7

For those of you that have speakers mounted under rear seats

12 posts / 1215 viewsLast Reply

What size speaker? Have you replaced with something newer? If so, do you like the location for sound quality? Just debating between this location and rear parcel shelf.

I have 6x9 Infinity's underneath the rear seat. Sounds a bit muffled, but I didn't want to place speakers in a location where they can be seen.

Bottomline: if you want the best sound, that location is not the best spot.

5 1/4 inch two way speakers in rear seat panel and two similar in front kick panels. Sounds good enough. I didn't want to cut holes in the rear parcel shelf support to make room and there were alreacy holes in the rear seat support so the choice was easy.

who has pictures??

Mine were mounted in the rear below the seat but I yanked them. Huge 6x9 blaupunkts

I was wanting to put a set in the rear seat side panels replacing the ashtrays...

back seat riser, get (or make) a couple of surface mount speaker housings and velcro 'em to your rear parcel shelf. I have a couple of period Blaupunkt 4x6 surface mount speaker boxes with modern coax speakers inside and they sound just fine.

Also have a couple of surface mount 5 1/4 coaxes mounted on the cowl panels ahead of the front doors. All the sound I need even with my 1987 vintage Alpine AM/FM/cassette player!

mike

I got a pair of 6x9's mounted there, and had there not already been holes there from the PO, I would not have chosen that location. As other people have mentioned, it sounds pretty muffled. Great place for bass but not for speakers.

I also have 6" mounted on the parcel shelf as well as 6" in the front kicker panels. I think the parcel shelf is the best location.

I have two 6x9's on the parcel shelf and some 4x6's down by the driver and pass. feet. Obviously you can see them quite well but I don't care, they bump!

Are they in boxes under the seats? Are any holes cut? I am also interested in this location for speakers.

I have two 6x9's on the parcel shelf and some 4x6's down by the driver and pass. feet. Obviously you can see them quite well but I don't care, they bump!

I've got the same setup, but you can't see a thing!

Rear shelf very similar to what Marshall did.

IMG_7144edit_zps727b03a7.jpg

Literally just posted my stereo setup...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,359514/start,60/