Sign in to follow this  
fastpoke

FS: 1973 BMW 2002 - $7000 SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

15 posts / 2634 viewsLast Reply

need a password for pics.

It's "Roundie"

need a password for pics.

The password is "Roundie" it is right under the link.

Nice looking car. I really like black on 02's. I thought you where going to take this off the market after you didn't get laid off?

I originally decided to put my car up for sale because of pending furlough from my employer back around Christmas. At the time I started looking for supplemental work elsewhere and found a sort of manual labor type gig that I can run myself on days off, etc.

Well over the New Years Holiday mandatory sequestration was avoided and the can kicked down the road a couple months. It's become quite clear now that Congress is unwilling to act before March 1st to stop the process from happening again.

This sequestration was never intended to be implemented, only to motivate lawmakers to reach a compromise on cutting the budget by $1.2 trillion over 10 years...so now that it is going to happen it's going to be pretty damn detrimental to everyone in my agency and those employed by the government.

Mandatory furloughs that will not be paid back at a later date are set to begin in March, facility closures, employment separation, mandatory salary cuts, leave exigency, etc. So here I am again, same shit different day.

Anyways, to wrap this rant up I've been working a part-time manual labor gig on the side to supplement my income while I was on hold over the past two months..even after getting my job "back" I kept it going but am limited in the amount I can make by not having my own work truck. So I've decided to continue to pursue a sale of my beloved bmw to help finance the purchase of a truck in order to somewhat secure a source of income for my family throughout the coming hard times this year is sure to bring. I can't afford to keep the bmw and buy an additional vehicle otherwise I would. Running out of things to sell!

So if you're in Arizona and have a truck you don't want anymore I'm willing to entertain a trade!

Things could be worse. Could have no job at all, like my son in law, with four kids. Good hard labor never hurt anyone. And there will be another bimmer in the future.

BTW, I'm a carpenter(and a good one), and still active at 71.

Hang in there.

don

Things could be worse. Could have no job at all, like my son in law, with four kids. Good hard labor never hurt anyone. And there will be another bimmer in the future.

BTW, I'm a carpenter(and a good one), and still active at 71.

Hang in there.

don

Yea I've got nothing to complain about, shit happens. Could always be worse. I've got the scars and busted knuckles from years of working with my hands, not afraid of a little sweat labor. Everyone is always asking though why am I selling such a cool car I love to death, so I figured I'd be open and inform everyone why.

FYI your car was probably assembled in Jan 1973--the VIN is exactly 450 higher than mine, which has a mid-Dec '72 build date.

Good luck with your sale--beautiful car.

cheers

mike

Thanks for the info mike, good to know. That makes it close to my birthday.

This car is officially over the hill! ;)