feud02

Wheel well coat

10 posts / 2268 viewsLast Reply

I tried searching but no results. What is good to use for wheel wells and car undercarrage coating?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Paint first- clean out ALL the rust,

then rubberized undercoating.

t

WURTH Stone Guard ( black or gray )

WU_0892071.JPG

This rust-proof coating is sprayed on in minutes, dries in just a few hours (two to three), and offers heavy duty protection for years. Wurth Stone Guard Black protects the wheel wells, rocker panels and undercarriage of your automobile from inevitable damage from stones, debris, salt water, and road chemicals that eat away at the finish, paving the way for rust. Wurth Stone Guard Black, a rubber/plastic ultra-protective spray-on coating is easy to apply, tough as nails, and can be painted over, so as to match the color of the car. One or two thin coats in your wheel wells and on the undercarriage provides permanent protection from originators of rust. The handy spray can means no messy cleanup or applicator tools. The textured, hard but flexible material deflects all manners of shrapnel that can abrade, nick and chip away at the under-surface of your car. Best of all, it’s waterproof, so rust doesn’t stand a chance.

Tech notes:

Be sure to use in a well ventilated area. Allow to cure naturally for two to three hours. You may layer coats until you attain the desired texture. Remove overspray with Wurth Clean-Solve.

To use:

For best results, thoroughly clean surface that will be treated of dirt, grease and grime. This ensures that Stone Guard adheres properly. Mask surrounding areas. Spray surface in short, even strokes until the desired texture or thickness is reached. Allow to dry completely and naturally—two to three hours.

Note:

Federal regulations prohibit shipping aerosol products by air. As a result, we can only ship to the 48 continental states, standard shipping. We cannot offer same day delivery or two day express.

14 oz. aerosol. Manufactured in Germany

Dont forget to do the inside behind the back seat also to cut down on noise

as good as any is the spray on truck bed liner available at your corner autozone...

it ain't german but is wurth using

But with the spray on bedliner at the local auto-parts store, you lose the "rubberized" coating that the Wurth offers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3M Body Schutz it comes in clear or black( p/n 08864 in black). It's what they used back in the day...dries in 30 minutes and is hard as a rock. You will have to buy a gun, but now they have China knock offs (very cheap) and you'll need a compressor to run the gun.

3M Body Schutz- it comes in clear or black( p/n 08864 in black). It's what they used back in the day...dries in 30 minutes and is hard as a rock. You will have to buy a gun, but now they have China knock offs (very cheap) and you'll need a compressor to run the gun.

Hi there

I used Proform 566 grey undercoating in spray cans. First a power wash, then a scrape, wipe with varsol, then wipe with paint thinner, then auto body degreaser/wax remover. I used grey since it would contrast to the rebuilt subframes, suspension and steering, and was closer to stock than black. I did the front and rear undercarriages when the subframes etc were off.

Be prepared for dirty and awkward work. BUT the results are well worth it and very satisfying

Regards

post-18884-13667668893752_thumb.jpg

post-18884-13667668902318_thumb.jpg